An Introduction
Hello all. Today marks the day that I will be embarking on a new journey, namely to find fulfillment. Hopefully this blog can act as a trailblazer into the future. Let this be a formal introduction between you, me, and cutting cold turkey.
If I could jump over mountains, run across the sea, would you be down with me?
First things first, you may be wondering what this video is doing up here. One thing I'm going to try to do with this is to accompany each blog post with a musical piece. Hopefully I'll be able to arrange these posts so that the music fits in both duration and theme. So hit that play button and enjoy.
Why am I cutting cold turkey? Unfulfillment. The lack of a sense of accomplishment after twenty two years on this earth is breathtakingly dreadful. How many twenty two years will each of us have? Three, four, maybe five if we are lucky? When are we supposed to find fulfillment? I sure as hell hope it is before four or five. If I could cut cold turkey, will I find fulfillment?
The Who, The Where, and The When
These three w's are the easiest to answer. They often have a clear singleton answer for each question, so let's start here. I am the one who will be cutting cold turkey, but this will not only be about me, but also it's also going to be about you at some point. It's about all of us as people: thinking, breathing, living, and reading right now.
Where is pretty easy as well. Anytime there is a post, it will be here every time.
When is a bit harder because I am not the greatest at following schedules, but hopefully these will be posted once every week.
The What
What is a question that is much harder to answer, not due to complexity but because of breadth. What questions covers a subset of other questions that we have in mind.
What is Cutting Cold Turkey? Hopefully a phrase that you have heard being used, but for those uninformed, it means to suddenly quit addiction. Some addictions cannot be dealt with in such a manner. For example, heroin users develop an addiction so strong the human body cannot function without the very self destructive poison that is plaguing it. I ensure you my addictions are not so severe, but it does lead to the next what.
What are you cutting? This is hard to say because there are so many things that I need to cut. Each and every one of us has some aspect of their life that they are unhappy with, and mending this unhappiness as opposed to feeding it should be our goal. Now, what one should cut isn't necessarily the flaws in their lives, but should be the root causes of such flaws. That is what I will be cutting, my root issues. To name examples, dependency on video games and junk food, along with numerous other abstract behaviors. This probably sounds like some kind of New Years resolution that will never be fulfilled, but I am hopeful.
The Why
The hardest question to answer. Unlike the who, where, and when, the why requires justification. And not only the simple justification we use to convince ourselves, but justification that is plausible to others. There's no reason to share the why with others unless you can prove to them that it is in fact a worthy justification to share. If you cannot then there's no reason to share. In addition, if you cannot be truthful in your justification, there is even less reason to share. Unlike the what the why has no breadth, it is a singular entity that fuels action.Why am I cutting cold turkey? Unfulfillment. The lack of a sense of accomplishment after twenty two years on this earth is breathtakingly dreadful. How many twenty two years will each of us have? Three, four, maybe five if we are lucky? When are we supposed to find fulfillment? I sure as hell hope it is before four or five. If I could cut cold turkey, will I find fulfillment?
Our First Goodbye
That's why I'm here. Let's do this again.
Comments
Post a Comment